Sunday, September 25, 2011

Once upon a time...


Once upon a time, there was a little girl with hair the color of honey and the spirit of a songbird. She lived in the land of sunshine and spent her days dancing amid orange blossoms and oak trees. She believed in fairytales and wished on stars. She chased butterflies and collected lady bugs in a mason jar. Letting the tide wash over her feet as she watched the sky change to the most beautiful shades of violet and tangerine, she knew that magic surrounded her. She loved and laughed with everything she had, never holding back. And she dreamt of exploring far away places, finding her prince charming, and living happily ever after.

Seasons changed and years drifted away like a dandelion in the wind. That little girl grew up and the world began to change. There were days when she felt she was being followed by a dark cloud, tormented by endless falling rain. She ran and ran for cover, but the storm raged on. Until one day she stopped, turned her face up to the clouds, and remembered how to dance in the rain. She twirled and splashed and gave in to what life had dealt her. In that moment, the sun began to peek out and the clouds subsided. She had found all the protection from the rain that she needed in her own spirit.

Now, I am an older and wiser young woman. But inside, I’m still that little girl who is in awe of the world. I still find magic washing up along the coast and a songbird still lives in my heart. I still wish on stars and dream of venturing out into the great unknown and finding my prince. I know that every once in a while, the rain is going to pour and that’s okay because I know how to create my own sunshine. I also know that whatever comes, I’ll live happily ever after. The end.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It reminds of The Universal Souls POETography :)

    ReplyDelete